Cool breezes have been stirring up familiar feelings of Fall, and with it, the sun-worn and humid pleasures of Summer are being packed away between beach cover-ups. Through hurricanes and heat waves, we’re saying goodbye to summer with a little laugh and a big wave.
As Jacksonville celebrates newfound 70-and-sunny paradise, we’re taking every excuse in the book to use October as a month for rejuvenation. Between all new Fall styles and a BRAND NEW BUILDING in the heart of Murray Hill, Momni is putting both feet forward in the direction of self-creation and seasonal celebration.
Here are a few ways we’ll be treating and re-creating ourselves as the season changes, and we invite you to join us.
- Open your windows at night. AC headaches be damned, nothing freshens up a home like the Autumn air. Breathe in the wind-whipped goodness and dream of pumpkin spice.
- Speaking of Pumpkin Spice…. swallow your pride and order that Fall-flavored-frothy latte you’ve been craving. As we’ve said before, life’s just too short to tiptoe around Pumpkin Spice haters.
- Harry Potter. Pick up your favorite volume or pop in your favorite DVD. If you want to kick off of October with true Fall festivity, you have to start at Hogwarts.
- Invest in Fall Candles. We all know the best candle scents belong to Fall. Head to Target and stock up on all the apple-harvest, cinnamon-bun, ginger-snap scents your heart, and snozz, could want. Or even better, stop by Momni and grab a local 5 Points Candle Co. seasonal scent!
- Fire up the crockpot. There are only so many months to eat soup in Florida without feeling like you’ve swallowed lava in a sauna, and we encourage you to take full advantage of them.
- Donate. The end of each season provides the perfect opportunity to look at every summer dress and jean shorts you didn’t wear over the summer, and pass them on to their next owner. These items can also be repurposed into house rags and reusable grocery bags!
- Write a letter. Or ten. We’ve done some research, and we’re pretty sure 2017 has been chaotic for everyone. We’ll be using this month to catch up with old friends and let our loved ones know how much we appreciate them. As our gal, Jane Austen once said, “Never underestimate the power of a well-written letter.”
- Change up your look. Every movie-watcher knows a style makeover is a precursor for some life-changing goodness. Not everything happens like it does in the movies, but we’ll take any excuse we can find to shake up our style. Whether it’s a dramatic haircut, or a new Fall outfit, trying something new is never a bad thing, and Momni’s moving sale is the perfect place to start!